The Leadership role of Chief Tecumseh in the Defence of Upper Canada
Essential Element #1 – The World in Spatial Terms
- Location of major human and physical features on Earth
Essential Element #2 – Places and Regions
- Changes in places and regions over time
Essential Element #6 – The Uses of Geography
- Influences of physical and human features on historical events.
Geographic Skill #1 – Asking Geographic Questions
- Ask geographic questions – Where is it located?
Geographic Skill #2 – Acquiring Geographic Information
- Locate, gather, and process information from a variety of primary and secondary sources including maps.
Grade 5 (can be modified for higher grades)
Teachers should be able to conduct the lesson in one class.
To help students understand the vital role of leadership in war. Students will realize the role of Chief Tecumseh before and during the war and understand how he was helpful in defending Upper Canada from the American invasion.
Northwest Territories — Northwest Territories -- Social Studies “Canada: The People and Stories of This Land”. This is brand new for the 2010-2011 school year, scheduled to be implemented in early 2011. The expectations are not available at this time, but the Department of Education stated that the War of 1812 will be included in this new grade 5 course. NOTE: Northwest Territories is hoping to have new changes to their curricula by 2012.